The Saddio district and the Calvary became attractive building areas with the passage of the road that from the coast reached Mistretta just from this side, crossing the Cicè locality (after 1834). Thus, it was felt the need to equip a green area for both inhabitants and foreigners coming to town. On March 20, 1878, the first proposal to create a “public promenade” at the so-called Calvary was put forward during the town council, event that seemed to materialize with the confiscation of property of the convent (1866), although again in 1881 it was approved the purchase of a land by private owners, useful to the definition of the work. At the end of the XIX century, they were implemented hydraulic arrangements, drainages, and the planting of two long rows of plane trees that, in a few decades, grew up to create a shady gallery parallel to the adjoining driveway. The promenade came to assume the form of a villa, with edges, walls and railings, only with the project of the engineer Lucio Lorello, municipal technician, and engineer Francesco Liuzzo (1907). Both the engineers, after the perimeter delimitation, configured a geometric garden organized longitudinally on the existent avenue of the plane trees. A large round basin was located at the main entrance, reusing pieces removed from the one in piazza Vittorio Veneto to make room for the Monument to the Fallen (1934). The garden now hosts many contemporary sculptures, outcome of extemporaneous symposia held in the past decades.