Church of S. Maria di Tagliavia (extra moenia)
The church was built in 1909, as proved by an engraving on the keystone of the local sandstone portal, to accommodate the growing number of faithful who went to visit the sacred image of the Madonna del Rosario preserved in the nearby original aedicula, with neoclassical facing in local sandstone dated 1845. The origin of the worship is linked to two brothers of Lo Iacono family, breeders from Mistretta, who rented the feud of Tagliavia, in the territory of Corleone, from the Archiepiscopal Mensa of Monreale. Here they found, in the early nineteenth century, a painting on slate depicting the Madonna of the Rosary, to which were ascribed some miraculous events after the discovery.
The same family commissioned the construction of the aedicula in the countryside of Mistretta, where it is venerated a tempera painting on hardboard, by Antonino Biffarella (mid XX century).
The church was restored and reopened in 1963. Every year, on May 8 and October 7, it becomes the destination of a procession of faithful, who move from the church of Santa Caterina carrying an image of the Virgin portrayed on a glazed slab.